Sunday, November 20, 2016
Just a few questions, Kohl's....
As long as we are going to use the tagline "give a little more...."
1. What's the average wage you pay your overnight cleaning crew and shelf restockers?
2. What does a cashier at Kohl's make? How about a manager?
3. What kind of health benefits does Kohl's offer? Are these benefits available to part-timers and temporary workers (like the ones you hire to work between mid-November and early January only?)
4. What is the official corporate position at Kohl's concerning an increase in the minimum wage?
5. Is it fair to assume that you rob your employees of a break period to make them watch this commercial before asking "ok, team, every week we are going to ask you to document something you did to 'give a little more' to a customer over the preceding seven days. Your continued employment here at Kohl's will depend on how well you respond to our 'give a little more' challenge....?"
Do these questions seem a bit intrusive? Well, just asking- I mean, you're the ones who decided "give a little more" was a message which really seemed appropriate for the Holiday season, after all. So I don't think it's all that unfair to ask if Kohl's, Inc. is into "giving a little more," or that's just something you celebrate when your employees do it (not to mention thinking that it would be just fine if the customers adopted it, especially while shopping at Kohl's....)