Wednesday, December 30, 2020
Ready to say goodbye to 2020, and Lexus December to Remember Ads
Monday, December 28, 2020
AT&T Commercial, how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways...
1. The doofus customer is outnumbered by the two employees 2-1 in the AT&T store, marking the first time in history that the customers have not outnumbered employees by at LEAST 15-1. He also has TWO employees providing him information about this "new" service being offered (I don't know what it is, and I don't care.) This is so reality-bending, my brain will break if I don't quickly move on....
2. This guy is INSTANTLY so taken by an "offer" which isn't even described in terms of conditions, price etc. that he whips out THE PHONE HE ALREADY HAS and calls his MOTHER. Worse, he tells these two women that he's calling his MOTHER. Which makes me almost want to go back and revisit my first issue with this stupid smoking pile of putrid dumb of an ad.
3. This guy is on the phone for all of FOUR SECONDS, but that was enough time for him to realize that he called the wrong number, the name of the guy he reached, AND that the guy he reached "sounded really excited" and he's "on his way here now." Um, excuse me, but I had to go chase down my brain, which had hopped out of my skull and was making a mad dash for the door. No, buddy. Just NO. You are using a cell phone which presumably has your mother's number saved in Contacts. Kind of makes it hard to "dial a wrong number." You did NOT have time to get a response from the guy you inexplicably accidentally called, let alone that the guy is "excited" and "on his way." Why you be lyin', bro?
4. Lily breaks the fourth wall in the most uncomfortable, awkward way I've ever seen in a tv commercial. She looks like she wants to scream "save me from my AT&T contract, NBC wants to sign me to a sitcom and if I do this much longer I'll be typecast out of existence!" She seriously looks like she's in pain. But compared to her...
5. Lily's Black FriendTM- who needed a chunk of her sales pitch to the doofus customer to be whitesplained by Lily- is even more awkward, giving a nervous "that's all we got, I have no idea what to do next" desperate shrug like she wants nothing more on Earth than to hear "cut" so she can step off the set and have herself a good, long cry. Like the one I have pretty much every time this commercial shows up on my tv, which is roughly 6 times an hour during football games.
Sunday, December 27, 2020
Geico runs out of plausible ideas in record time
Saturday, December 26, 2020
Bud Light's Cardboard Idiot, and the mouth-breathers who love him
Friday, December 25, 2020
Dollops of Dumb
The message of the Mercedes Benz "Plushie" ad(s)
Thursday, December 24, 2020
Quickle, Go into debt for the holidays!
Sunday, December 20, 2020
Rocket Mortgage treats the viewers like children, again
Saturday, December 19, 2020
These Fidelity Ads make me long for fingernails across a chalkboard
Friday, December 18, 2020
One of eTrade's rather ridiculous "no compromises" ads
Monday, December 14, 2020
Three Observations concerning Xfinity's "Greatest Gift" Ad
Sunday, December 13, 2020
One Boomer's take on these stupid Verizon Ads
Saturday, December 12, 2020
KFC Holiday Commercial is Piping Dumb
Friday, December 11, 2020
Sears Automotive Center Commercial from the age before Computers slowed down the process to the glacial level
Monday, December 7, 2020
Blinkist: Orwell would be so proud
Sunday, December 6, 2020
Lincoln Presents: The Worst Woman on the Planet
Saturday, December 5, 2020
My final word (no promises) on State Farm "Rodgers Rate" ads
Friday, December 4, 2020
Nasty, yet totally necessary, observations concerning this Kaiser Permanente commercial
Tuesday, December 1, 2020
eTrade's bizarre "compromise" commercials