1. Notice how aggressive all of these commercials for Magic Copper Stuff are? They all have this really in-your-face element about them, usually along the lines of "America Is On It's Way Back" and "Buy this Or DIE." This time, it's facial coverings which, yes, no kidding, are "part of the new normal" and "even required in certain environments" (like California, New York, Washington DC or any other place the libtard Commiecrats are stifling your freedom.)
2. Copper infused throughout entire facial covering gives you "all day comfort" and "peace of mind in this uncertain world." But are we going to be told why it's better than any other (non-overpriced) facial covering? Oh wait- was that what all that "Copper Infusion Technology" stuff was for?
3. These facial coverings protect you from the "harsh elements"- which means, the sun. You know, like any other facial covering. It wicks away sweat, while at the same time keeping you cool, which I'm not sure actually makes sense.
4. They are washable- again, like pretty much any cloth mask.
5. We get a quote- "the Comfort you want, the protection you need." Who is being quoted here? We aren't told. The words are just there, in quotation marks. I'd be perplexed if this were the first Copper Crap commercial I'd ever seen. It's not, so this is just par for the course.
6. We get a repeat of the whole Start Technology/Air permitting/sweat wicking thing all over again, and then are told that copper is antimicrobial or something. I'd really like to see the data concerning the power of copper to kill or screen out microbes, but I don't think I'm going to be provided a link before this ad is over.
7. Except for one detail, the rest of the ad is just a third repeat of claims already made. The exception is a "warning" that "demand is high and supplies are limited," which more honestly translates into "six months from now nobody will be wearing masks anymore so our window of opportunity to sell crap that will sit in a junk drawer for the next thirty years after this summer is closing fast."
Post a Comment