Sunday, October 5, 2014
Warning: This Chevy Ad may be used to induce vomiting
1. Rugged, unshaven Manly Man who wears a cowboy hat and lives on ranch equipped with barn: Check.
2. Hokey, cliche'd country music song about lovin' one woman and one dog and one truck and don' what needs to be done and bein' proud to be an Amerikun and shoutin' somethin' or another from the mountainside: Check.
3. Shots of sunsets and Real Western Landscapes and Trucks bouncin' along said landscapes and kickin' up dirt: Check
4. Generic Hallmark Movie Family sittin' in truck bed starin' over cliff while hokey, cliche'd country music song comes to merciful end: Check.
5. More shots of truck haulin' and pullin' with chains 'cause that's what maybe 1 percent of people who actually buy these trucks do with them (the other 99 percent don't haul anything other than kids and groceries and don't maneuver anything more challanging than the speed bumps in front of Hunter's preschool)- Check.
Does the final product look like a Re-Elect Reagan ad from 1984? Does it look like you could switch out all the dialogue and use it to sell Viagra? Then you've got yourself a truck commercial, son. Congratulations. Go pop yourself a beer an' sit by the fire an' swap stories while gettin' a good scorch on steaks the size of saddle blankets.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Here's another song they could've used for this commercial:ReplyDelete
"He's friendly greetin', Sunday go-to-meetin', just plain folks! Bible readin', pork chop-eatin', just plain folks! Stew on the table, mule in the stable, just plain folks!"