Thursday, July 7, 2016
Just a few things about this Ring Doorbell system....
1. There is simply no way that the video is as good in real life as it appears in this ad, sorry. Not buying it.
2. The video-doorbell is pretty distinctive-looking. It seems to me that professional thieves will quickly learn to totally ignore it when they hear the voice of a person pretending to be home.
3. This is the second ad for this device that features someone telling the person at the door "we are busy bathing the children right now." I guess this is the only thing they could come up with as an excuse not to come to the door- bathing children? Why not just "I'm busy right now?" Who feels the need to make up a plausible excuse for a total stranger at the door?
4. That woman sure looks delighted to have the opportunity to use the rewind feature of her Ring video doorbell sytem to show a friend that.....a dog just took a dump on her lawn. Seriously, THAT'S the way she uses the rewind feature. I'm sure the friend really, really appreciated being shown that instead of just being told.
5. Why do the people who own these systems feel they have the right to monitor then entire street in front of their houses? It looks as though this camera could be used to look into the houses of neighbors.
I guess this is better than the "if you don't have a high-tech Security Alert system with 24/7 monitoring, someone is going to break down your door in broad daylight and murder you" ads. But not much, because it's still peddling a pretty intensive level of paranoia. Hey, greasy people toasting yourselves with enormous glasses of wine? You aren't that special, sorry.